Are looking to keep Kosher at KU? it’s really not as hard as it seems.
Whether it’s koshering your kitchen, or shopping for kosher food locally, let Chabad show you the ropes and help you get started.
The following are some of the programs Chabad has established at KU, to enable any student who wishes to keep Kosher during their college years!
Kosher Food Availability
Observing the Kosher diet can be difficult while attending university. Chabad at KU has partnered with KU Dining to provide the opportunity to observe the kosher diet even while at school.
The following are the kosher meal options currently available at KU:
- Kosher Lunches on Campus: Hot Kosher Hot Dogs and Pastrami Sandwiches on Rye are offered every Monday & Tuesday, 11-2 at The Market Place on the 3rd Floor of the Kansas Union.
- Kosher Dinner’s at Residential Dining: Delicious Fresh Kosher Dinner is served every Wednesday evening at South Dining hall inside Downs Hall, from 4:30-7:30pm. COMING FALL 2019: KOSHER MEALS DAILY!
- Pre-Packaged Kosher meals: Prepared in the KU Kosher Kitchen and available at select retail dining locations all over campus (including the Marketplace, The Underground and more).
- Kosher Korner at Allen Fieldhouse (in partnership with and KU Athletics): A full service Kosher concession stand is operational during all KU Basketball home weekday games. Stop by anytime during the game for a delicious kosher bite as you cheer on tour beloved Jayhawks.
- Kosher at Naismith hall: Kosher Dinners served bi-weekly at the Naismith Cafeteria
- Kosher Shabbat Meals: Delicious free kosher Shabbat Dinner is offered at the Chabad every Friday at 7pm and Shabbat Lunch on Saturdays at 1:00pm. Free for Students!
There are many more Kosher options in the works, stay tuned for further updates and improvements!